Welcome to Hope Rising, Maine’s first — and only — residential program for women who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation.
Focused on caring, healing and rebuilding, we offer survivors a safe place to heal while rebuilding the foundation of self-esteem and self-sufficiency they need to rebuild their lives.
A whole person approach to therapeutic and rehabilitative care
While every victim of sex trafficking is different, what they share in common is a trauma so devastating it often requires rebuilding their lives from the ground up. At Hope Rising, our comprehensive care includes:
- an individual mentor support system
- individual and group mental health counseling services
- substance abuse treatment and counseling services
- educational support and vocational training
- job readiness and professional development skills training
- support to secure jobs and long term housing after participating in the program
- an ongoing, long-term support network for survivors.
“We really want people when they are finished with our program to have the skills they need… So they can live a life that is independent.”
— Carey Nason, Director of Hope Rising
Please note: For the safety of our clients, the location of Hope Rising is not publicly disclosed. However, if you’d like to know more about us, feel free to call us at:
207-282-3351, Option #4.